- Traditional education systems are becoming obsolete
- Digital Natives (those born after 1985) are able to educate themselves via the world wide web. (Digital Immigrants are those born before 1985)
- Apple, Google, Facebook, Amazon together turnover $800bn and are truly global.
- Capitalism has failed to provide the right balance of economic and social values.
- We are deeply in debt and borrowing from future generations.
- Traditional corporations rate their economic value more highly than their social value. These must carry equal weight in future.
- Social Key Performance Indicators will in future need to be embedded in corporate values.
(From EDANA Middle East Symposium - Dubai - Feb 2012)