|(R to L) Philip Gibbs (PCI) opens the Conference with Jonathan Cullen (Cambridge University) and Paul Clarke (PCI)
But for this opening paper, all the presentations were from PCI work by PCI consultants and the conference was therefore unique - in my experience at least - because there were no “commercials” and every paper provided concentrated factual information. Every one of the papers presented in this single day would have been a highlight of the average 3-day technical textiles or nonwoven conference!
The conference also covered:
- the prospects for bio-versions of PET’s monomers, ethylene glycol and terephthalic acid,
- the issues involved in scaling up bio-versions,
- the PET recycling industry – “the real key to sustainability”,
- the latest on the sustainability of that key component of many polyester-blend textiles i.e. cotton,
- the drivers for sustainability in the apparel chain.